A Service Pack was just released for Smoke Advanced, and Smoke for MAC, as well as the other systems products. (Inferno, Flame, Flame Premium, Flare, Flint, Lustre)
If you are on Subscription, log into the Autodesk Subscription Center at http://subscription.autodesk.com to download your Service Pack software.
If you aren’t on Subscription, then get on it. It is well worth the cost. Subscription allows you get & have access to service packs like this one and to any and all SAP releases, as well as the next full release. Autodesk does a great job of improving it’s software on a regular basis, about 2-3 times a year, with Service Packs and SAP releases.
Here are some of the highlight bug fixes for Smoke from the 2012.1 SAP SP1 release:
A full list can be found on the Autodesk Wiki.
- IFFFS: Color Corrector / Color Warper | FLPR-1183 |First part of a CC Curve disappears if the tangent on the bottom-left keyframe was modified, but not the keyframe itself.
- IFFFS: Creative tools | FLPR-1245 | Custom Node bins disappear from Action when you re-enter back in a current Action from the Desk.
- IFFFS: Legacy File I/O | SMOK-2023 | Some DPX file cannot be imported
- IFFFS: Legacy File I/O | SMOK-1045 | Export QuickTime IMX broken – generated corruption
- IFFFS: Library tools | SMOK-1889 | ARRIRAW: Incorrect TC read back from arri file
- IFFFS: Wiretap Central | SMOK-2050 | Wiretap Central fails to import R3D EDLs or XMLs
- IFFFS: Wiretap Central | SMOK-2054 | WTC: export fail – Unable to read frame 0
- IFFFS: Wiretap Gateway | SMOK-2968 | Cannot read alpha layer from EXR from nuke
Note that this new service pack requires version 10.0.1 of the AJA driver for Mac OS X Snow Leopard and Lion workstations. You can download the driver from the AJA Web site: http://www.aja.com/support.